Thursday 2 July 2015

Hello flip flop card

Hello crafty friends!

I feel as I'm very late in the week for my first post of the week! I apologize! Yesterday was Canada Day and it being in the middle of the week this year just screwed around with my schedule a bit!
Hope all my fellow Canadian crafters had a fun Canada day! It was rainy and windy here sadly but still had a lovely firework display!:)

Have a summery card to share today!
I initially made this for a challenge that I didn't get around to sharing on rime but still wanted to share it with you.

I used Melon Mambo card stock as my card base and then I started off with watercolor paper and stamped my image diagonally over and over again across the page. This is an old stamp set from Stampin up called Sunny Fun, I could no longer find it online to link it up, sorry! But it was the perfect image for this card. Once my background was covered in flip flops I used Distress Inks to watercolor my background.
I cut a little circle out and stamped the Hello sentiment from the Hooray stamp set from Hero Arts and added some cute flip flop stickers I happened to have in my sticker stash, added a few sequins to polish it off.


If your celebrating 4th of July this weekend and may still need some sort of appetizer to make. I thought I'd share this yummy-ness that I found on Pinterest and made for Canada day. Everyone went crazy for it, and it was super easy to make!

This Gooey and Cheesy Warm Bacon Dip comes together in less than 30 minutes and is the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer!

As always thank you so much for dropping by! Hope you enjoyed my fun summery card! If I don't stop in before July 4th, I wish my American friends a very happy and safe 4th of July!!!
:)


7 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the background and the colors you used! Happy to hear you had fun yesterday despite the rain. The recipe looks delicious, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those flip flops stickers?! Your flip flop background is awesome too. Really loving your summer-inspired card. And thanks for sharing the recipe. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous background, and hello yumminess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is amazing Shannon!! Love that background! The dip looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, summery card Shannon and I love how you made that great background! You made my mouth water with that gorgeous looking dip too, Hope you had a great Canada Day.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these flip flops they are perfect for summer!!! awesome card. I will have to try that bacon dip for sure thanks for sharing. We are bacon crazy here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling flip flop card!! :) Love the background!! That dip looks so YUM!!

    ReplyDelete