Saturday 3 January 2015

Tall & Skinny: Mojo Monday challenge#378

Hello! Hope everyone had lovely holidays and a very happy new year! I have very much enjoyed the holidays and having some time off but I personally need to get myself back on a regular schedule again, although I did have some time to be crafty over the holiday, which of course is most important (aside from family time:p) any who I'm here today to play along with  Mojo Monday tall and skinny sketch challenge. This is a new challenge blog for me and I had so much fun creating my card with the sketch supplied.

 
I tried to follow the tall and skinny measurements although I did add a little extra width.
I started off with a kraft card stock as the base of my tall & skinny card. I used some patterned paper I had in my stash and although not pictured well I embossed some white card stock for the piece across behind the scallop and sentiment. I also did some light background stamping behind the sentiment for some added interest using a background stamp from Hero Arts. I die cut the Happy Birthday sentiment from a die from Simon Says Stamp, added it on top of my circles and randomly placed some different sized gems around the card, because it just didn't look finished until there was some sort of shine! :)


Supplies:
Happy Definition Background by Hero Arts
Crumb Cake cardstock by Stampin up
Basic Gray cardstock by Stampin up

I had fun playing along with this challenge, it was nice to have a sketch all ready for me and all I have to do is create. Thanks so much for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. I really need to have some birthday cards on hand for friends and family. Wonderful design, love the banner and sweet birthday sentiment. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete