Sunday 7 December 2014

Christmas Owl card with Art Impressions stamp

Hi!:)
Here today with a cute little owl card! I kinda love owls lately for whatever reason. This stamp set though, just caught my eye, these cute owls with their cute little hats! This stamp set is from Art Impressions, which is another new company in to my stamp stash and I just love it.

I will be participating this card in the Simon Says Stamp Christmas/Holidays challenge over on their Wednesday challenge blog today and also their Holiday card challenge over on their Monday challenge blog. :)

Ok so onto the how to.
I stamped the owls with Memento ink onto a heavier base white cardstock because I colored with copics.
The branch I drew in my self. I am not a drawer! Just sketched it with pencil and then colored it in with copics and outlined in with a black pen.
I then colored in all the owls. I varied the browns on all of them. (I will list all the copics below)
I then stamped and embossed all the snowflakes in the background (stamp set is Endless Wishes by Stampin up) with versa mark and white embossing powder.
Before i added the blue sky background I needed to mask off my owls. However I was too lazy to fussy cut out a mask to lay on it so I just covered the whole image with glassy accents. Oh I added wink of Stella glitter to the hats first of course:) 
After the glossy accents completely dried I used my Ranger blending tool and blended varies shades of blue ink on the top.
Wiped the ink of owls and stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment.



Products:

Cardstock:
Simon says stamp 150lb card stock
Midnight Muse by Stampin up

Copic Markers:
E57  E55  E53  E11  B0000  B00  V12  V06  R35  G00  G000 C3

Stamp sets:
Endless Wishes by Stampin up (Snow flakes)
Decorate Your Holidays by Hero Arts (Sentiment)
Whoots by Art Impressions(Owls)


That's the card for today, hope you enjoyed:) Thanks for looking!!


5 comments:

  1. hi Shannon! this is darlin, I adore the shiny glittery hats...tooooo cute! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute company :), Shannon! Love their hats! Valentyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These owls are cute as can be and I love how you've presented them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally darling, love this cheery card!! :)

    ReplyDelete