Monday 4 April 2016

Spring Watercolor Roses featuring Newton's Nook

Hi crafty friends!

Here to share a card I created for the Spring Theme challenge over at Newtons Nook.
I loved breaking out such pretty, spring like colors! The snow has finally melted here and I'm certainly ready for spring!


For my today I used the Love Grows stamp set.
I started with watercolor cardstock and stamped my roses and leaves with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I used various colors of inks and distress inks to water color my flowers and background with.
I colored the flower first and then colored the surrounding area in the same color for a little bit of a messy look. I also enjoy doing this because I don't have to worry about staying in the lines:P


I adhered my panel on to a white top fold card base.
I stamped my sentiment onto a stitched label die from PPP and finished my cards with some Sparkling Clear and Fairytale Fuchisa sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

That's it for my card today!
Thank you for dropping in!

Supplies:





4 comments:

  1. An absolutely beautiful card Shannon, I love all those flowers--so pretty. The snow is pretty much gone here to although there is more in the forecast--ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing watercoloring!!! Love the emboss resist technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spring creation, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love the white embossed florals with all the fun bright watercolors! Thanks for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete