Friday 2 October 2015

Gift Card Holder

Hi!
Happy Friday!
Hope you all having a lovely day!

I wanted to share a card with you that I made for one of my best friends Birthdays. I wanted it really girly and also love the look of black and pink together. My main element on the card was the gift card holder.

I'll also be playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog for the anything goes challenge:)

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


 I created this with the pillow box from Lawn Fawn using Pink Pirouette cardstock. The pillow box its self is actually much larger then this but I wanted it shorter to fit on the card better. The way I found worked best for that was, when I layed my cardstock on my die cut, I put it partially up so it wasn't covering the bottom, once the initial part was cut I folded it and lined it back up on the die with some hanging off, in order to get the rounded part cut. I did it this way because I wanted the top to have the little notch but not the bottom. I hope that makes sense, I included  pictures in case it doesn't :p .Once I had it the size I wanted I adhered the side tab closed and put some adhesive on the bottom to keep it closed.





The background is an older background stamp from Hero Arts. The twine and bow is a die cut from Pretty Pink Posh that I used with some black cardstock and covered with Wink of Stella. The little tag with the sentiment is cut from the Stitched Label dies also from Pretty Pink Posh. This was originally longer then I wanted it for this card but I shortened again by lining it up again on my die and running it through my machine again. Then sentiment is from the Birthday Bears set from My Favorite Things. To finish off the card I scattered it with some gold and sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.



That's it for my gift card holder Birthday card today. I may create the holder to put on insides of card too!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope your having an awesome Friday!:)

Supplies:



7 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon this is just beautiful! I love the soft elegant look you made :) And as always thanks for all your lovely comments.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and a wonderful idea using the pillow box die as a gift card holder! Brilliant and very creative, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Shannon! What a great idea! I will have to go back and see exactly what you did . Thanks for the pictures .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to present a giftcard Shannon and thanks for the pics on how to alter the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so creative!! love this :) thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet card! Love he design! I'm sure your bff will love it :)

    ReplyDelete