Wednesday 27 May 2015

Copic dot coloring for Lawnscaping Challenge

Hello crafty friends!

Hope your all having a lovely week so far. It's kind of rainy here but what a perfect excuse to craft. I've kind of lost my card making mojo lately. I feel as though it is the same as writers block but for card makers but I'm hoping a weekend full of crafting coming up will fix this.
I did manage to pull together a card for the Lawnscaping - Try a new technique challenge.




The technique that I decided to try was "Copic dot coloring" which I was inspired by from this video from the very talented Jennifer Mcguire.
I think it looks so cute with critters but I decided to try it with this tree from the Let's Play stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I like how it gives the image a different look.

This was a pretty simple card. I die cut a piece of white card stock and stamped my images and then colored with Copics using mainly dots. I colored with the lightest color first and then just dots for the rest of the coloring.
I layered this panel with some vellum and some patterned paper I had on hand.

Over all it was a simple technique but I think I may try it again with some cute critters. 

All supplies listed below. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!:)


5 comments:

  1. Shannon great job with this technique--fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon your dot coloring technique is great! and the card turned out adorable, I love the mat and colors you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job! Never heard of this technique until you shared the video link. Pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dotted coloring looks amazing on your tree!! I've dabbled a bit with this, but not much. Wonderful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its amazing how much texture you got on your tree with this technique Shannon. Love the cute design - just gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete