Sunday 21 December 2014

Neutral Happy Holidays card with Lawn Fawn

Hello!
Hope you are all enjoying the Holidays! I have finally finished my Christmas shopping today, which I find very exciting, I now plan on avoiding the stores like the plaque until boxing day (my guilty pleasure).
Here to play along with two different challenge blogs today! I usually only play along with one at a time but this card happens to work for both:)

First is the Lawnscaping Merry Christmas challenge, so much beautiful inspiration over there!

 Second is the The Card Concept Silent Night Neutrals challenge. They have a beautiful inspiration photo on their blog to inspire your card design. I loved the neutral colors, they are so warm and liked the tiny star cookies which inspired my stars on my card! My card would fit into the Clean and Layered categorty for this challenge.


I made yet another Holiday card but if the sentiment is changed it could easily work for other occasions. I kept it pretty simple. I started with grey as my card and wanted the top panel to be grey as well but I matted a slightly larger white piece under it so it wouldn't be over whelming with just grey. I embossed the top grey panel through my cuddlebug. I used a small scallop circle die and a smaller regular circle die to make the middle piece. I stamped the circle piece with a Christmas script background stamp just to add some character as its not overly noticeable. The adorable coffee cup I stamped using Lawn Fawn's Love You a Latte stamp set , colored it with Copic marker and cut it out. I have a small start punch from Fiskars that I used to punch out the stars with some silver sparkle paper to add some shine with all the neutral colors. The sentiment is also from Lawn Fawn's Love You a Latte stamp set.


Supplies:
Love You a Latte stamp set from Lawn Fawn
Merry Christmas Backgound stamp is from The Stamp Barn
Embossing folder is by Sizzix from Stampin up

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed my neutral card today! Hope you are enjoying all your Holiday preparations whatever they may be:)



4 comments:

  1. Shannon, what a wonderful creation with the neutrals! Thank you for playing along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! The glittery stars are the perfect finishing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!
    ️Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
    Merry christmas :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your color scheme and all the texture!! beautiful card :) thank you for playing a long with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete